Pre-requisite for GeM Seller Registration
This module covers the prerequisites for registering as a seller on the Government e-Marketplace (GeM) platform.View All Pre-requisites
Below are the required documents for registration as a seller on GeM Portal.
- For Primary User Registration
- For Secondary User Registration
- User's Aadhaar Number, Virtual ID, or Personal PAN
- Mobile number linked with Aadhaar/Mobile number in case of PAN
- Active Email ID
- Documents as per Constitution/Business type such as CIN, PAN, DIPP, Udyam Number, ITR details to complete profile.
- Address details (Registered Address)
- Bank account details
- Aadhaar/ Personal PAN number
- Mobile number should be linked with Aadhaar /Mobile number is a case of PAN based registration done by a Primary user
- Active Email ID
Below are some additional documents that need to be uploaded in certain circumstances.
- ITR - If you want to participate in bid and your Date of Incorporation is more than 24 months.
- DIPP Number - If you are registering as a Start-Up then you need DIPP Number and Mobile Number linked linked with DIPP.
- MSE - for MSE registered sellers, they need MSME Certificate and Mobile Number linked with MSME.
There are some points to be remembered
- Registration on GeM should be done by an authorized person (Director of an organization or a key person)
- Details of the authorized person will get validated as per the Income Tax Return (ITR) filling
- Primary seller have an option to create a secondary seller's to assign roles like Bid Participation, Creating of Catalog and Order Fulfillment
- For MSE, UAM (Udhyog Aadhaar Memorandum) and Aadhaar/mobile number linked with the same is required
- For Start Up, DIPP (Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion) number and mobile number linked with the same is required
- No separate registration required for Seller and Service provider Now you are ready to create your account on the GeM (Government e-Marketplace).
- Declaration to be submitted by Vendors excluded from compliance to GST E-Invoicing as per notification number 13/2020- Central Tax dated 21 March 2020.