Brand Approval on GeM
The brand approval process on the Government e-Marketplace (GeM) platform is a crucial step for sellers to get their products listed on the platform. The following is the process for obtaining brand approval on GeM:
- Submit Brand Approval Request: The first step is to submit a brand approval request through the GeM portal. The request should include details such as the brand name, product category, and product specifications.
- Review of Brand Approval Request: The GeM team will review the brand approval request to ensure that it meets the required criteria. This includes checking the product specifications, product category, and other details. -Brand Approval Decision: Based on the review, the GeM team will either approve or reject the brand approval request. If the request is approved, the seller will be notified and the brand will be added to the GeM portal. -Product Listing: Once the brand has been approved, the seller can list their products on the GeM platform. They will need to provide details such as product description, price, and delivery terms. -Product Validation: GeM may validate the listed products to ensure that they meet the approved specifications and quality standards. If the products are found to be non-compliant, the seller may need to make changes or the product may be removed from the platform.
The brand approval process on GeM is designed to ensure that only high-quality products are listed on the platform and to protect the interests of the government and the end-users. By following the process, sellers can ensure that their products are listed on the platform and can take advantage of the opportunities offered by the government procurement market.
Steps for Brand Approval
Go to the
Add New Offering. Find the category in which you want to add your brand. New listing tab will be open. You can find
COULDN'T FIND YOUR BRAND ? CLICK HERE TO ADD link. Click on the link to create a new request
Now, there are three option available for you. Let's discuss all in details.
1. Having a Registered Trademark
Select type of Request as
We own Registered Trademark for a Brand, enter the brand name and click on confirm and then
- Enter the link to the Brand's website
- Upload the documents
- If you want to apply for priority processing, then select Yes and enter the valid - bid number
- Click on
APPLY FOR BRAND
2. Having a brand name but no a Registered Trademark
Select type of Request as
We are owner of a Brand but do not have Registered trademark, enter the brand name and click on confirm and then
- Follow the above steps (You only have to change the documents from first scenario, i.e OEM undertaking Letter). For more details please read documents guidelines
3. Haven't brand and want to apply for OEM Dashboard
Select type of Request as
We do not own any Brand and want to apply for OEM dashboard without Brand, enter the brand name and click on confirm and then
- Follow the first scenario's steps (You only have to change the documents from first scenario). For more details please read documents guidelines
Once the request is submitted, you can track the request status in the Brand/OEM Requests option under the "Published" tab.
GeM has already prepare detailed presentation through which seller can learn the process to get their bands listed on the GeM Portal.Learn More
Applying for Brand
You can upload one of the following documents as supporting documents for your brand application:
- Trademark Registration Proof -- This can be obtained from the IP India website at https://ipindiaonline.gov.in/tmrpublicsearch/frmmain.aspx by entering brand name and choosing relevant class. The Class should be relevant to the GeM Category in which you are applying the brand. Download and attach the report from the website or attach a screenshot showing brand name and class with the request to submit as proof.
- Trademark Certificate -- Copy of the trademark registration certificate
- OEM Authorization letter -- If you are not the OEM of the brand, you can submit a letter on the OEM's letterhead clearly mentioning the brand name and authorization given to you by OEM to transact in the brand's products. OEM's contact details like contact person, email (on OEM domain) should be included on the letter
- Govt. Order copy -- Scanned copies of any Government orders you have fulfilled in the past showing the products of the brand as order items. The brand name should be clearly visible on the order document
- Other Documentary Evidence -- Any other documentary evidence to prove brand existence
Applying for OEM Dashboard
Please ensure that your Vendor Assessment is Verified in the category for which you are applying to be OEM.
The following documents can be uploaded if you are also applying for OEM Dashboard:
- Trademark Certificate (mandatory):
- Trademark Status should be Registered
- Trademark Class should match the category in which you are applying for OEM Dashboard. You can verify the class on the IP India website. Click here
- Brand on Trademark Certificate should match the brand for which you are applying for OEM Dashboard
- Organization name on Trademark Certificate should match organization name on GeM
- Deemed OEM Letter (optional): If the OEM of your brand does not sell directly in India, but the OEM has authorized your company to represent the brand in India, you can apply to be the Deemed OEM for the brand. Kindly upload a signed and stamped Deemed OEM Letter (download prescribed format) on OEM’s letterhead. Please note that the Trademark Certificate is still mandatory.
- You can submit a request for new brand as well OEM Dashboard for an existing brand through this functionality
- Once the request is submitted, it will be processed by the GeM Brand Approval team
- It usually takes about 7 days for the approval team to review the request. They may ask for additional information on the request during this time
- Please note, if you don’t have any website link to enter in the link section, please enter NA
- Furnishing wrong/misleading/spurious information will lead to rejection of your request
- For Unregistered and Unbranded products, the catalog uploaded will be sent to the product approval team. Only once it is approved by them, the product is published in the market. In Registered brand case, the product is auto published in the market